A Word About The Quality Of My Sound Files


I make no apology for the sound files not being as perfect as they might be, especially those converted from vinyl. I do not possess the technical know-how to reduce unwanted noise, hiss, etc. I certainly have the software (e.g. Gold Wave) but not the knowledge about what settings to use. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please feel free to enlighten me.

Tuesday 5 July 2011

TIME TO BREAK SOME ILLEGAL CHAINS


Those who bought Dokken's "Breaking The Chains" CD, after they had owned the LP for several years, were liable to experience a disappointment. Certain issues of the LP (and it does not seem either country-related or batch-specific) no longer had the track "We're Illegal". Instead, they had a re-work of the track re-named "Live To Rock (Rock To Live)". Not only were the lyrics different, but a lot of the "rifferama" of the original track had been mixed out. Here is the superior "lost" vinyl prototype.

If you want to hear what it sounds like, click here