A Word About The Quality Of My Sound Files


I make no apology for the sound files not being as perfect as they might be, especially those converted from vinyl. I do not possess the technical know-how to reduce unwanted noise, hiss, etc. I certainly have the software (e.g. Gold Wave) but not the knowledge about what settings to use. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please feel free to enlighten me.

Tuesday 1 February 2011

"NOTHING TASTES AS BITTER AS A GOOD LOVE THAT'S BEEN LOST"


Firstly, this NOT the 80s dance/pop group. This L.A. based rock group's 1980 recording features 4 standard rock/metal songs, all of which have a better chorus than verse, suffer slightly from an "indie" production, and lack a definite style (bringing Rush, Y & T, April Wine and a few others to mind at various points). However, they are largely dispensable compared to the 5th and last track. "Parting Notes" is a keyboard driven rock ballad that is outstanding in its beauty and relative simplicity. In fact, one of the best ballads I have ever heard (and I have heard tens of thousands in my time!)

01. Rock 'n' Roll Band
02. Angelique
03. Exhausted
04. Tell Me
05. Parting Notes

If you want to hear what it sounds like, click here