A Word About The Quality Of My Sound Files


I make no apology for the sound files not being as perfect as they might be, especially those converted from vinyl. I do not possess the technical know-how to reduce unwanted noise, hiss, etc. I certainly have the software (e.g. Gold Wave) but not the knowledge about what settings to use. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please feel free to enlighten me.

Sunday 6 February 2011

MOVE OVER STEVE PERRY!


Whilst a lot of melodic rock fans may recognise the name of John Schlitt from Head East and Petra, and agree he has an amazing set of pipes, few of them may be aware of his most outstanding performance on record. The track "The Victim", from the 2nd Head East album "Get Yourself Up" (criminally still awaiting a CD release), contains vocals that I don't think even Steve Perry could have managed in his prime. (I mean no disrespect to S.P. by that.) As the track builds to its magnificent lead guitar and orchestra climax, (superbly arranged by the guitarist's brother), there is controlled vibrato at a pitch you will not hear anywhere else in rock music, to my knowledge.

If you want to hear what it sounds like, click here