A Word About The Quality Of My Sound Files


I make no apology for the sound files not being as perfect as they might be, especially those converted from vinyl. I do not possess the technical know-how to reduce unwanted noise, hiss, etc. I certainly have the software (e.g. Gold Wave) but not the knowledge about what settings to use. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please feel free to enlighten me.

Saturday 12 February 2011

WARRIOR - TROUBLE MAKER


I have seen this rare UK 1980 indie LP mentioned in NWOBHM and other "metal" pages, but the plain truth is that this an AOR gem, with keyboards very much to the fore on a lot of tracks. I would cite the sound of the band Export as an approximate equivalent, and maybe Chevy on the tracks which are more guitar based. Either way, the melody of the songs hits you more than any "rifferama" rating. This is in no small part due to the excellent production and arrangements - everything is crystal clear, and the music isn't swamped with layers of extra sounds (which they wouldn't have been able to recreate live, anyway). The lead vocals remind me of Demon's Dave Hill, so no complaints there. The occasional backing vocals let things down ever so slightly in my opinion, but this is still a superb hard rock obscurity that deserves to be heard.

01. Troublemaker
02. Can't You See
03. Broken Heart
04. Little Lady
05. Isn't Life Lonely
06. Stay Away
07. Hide Away
08. Give Me Your Love
09. Mystery Girl
10. Not You
11. Can't Stop Crying
12. Though For You

If you want to hear what it sounds like, click here