A Word About The Quality Of My Sound Files


I make no apology for the sound files not being as perfect as they might be, especially those converted from vinyl. I do not possess the technical know-how to reduce unwanted noise, hiss, etc. I certainly have the software (e.g. Gold Wave) but not the knowledge about what settings to use. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please feel free to enlighten me.

Wednesday 23 March 2011

TIM BOGERT - PROGRESSIONS


Tim Bogert has one of the most outstanding voices in rock, and it's not just me who thinks that - you can even buy one of those musician's instruction videos where he tutors aspiring rock vocalists! Unfortunately, he has done himself no favours over the years, through Vanilla Fudge to Beck, Bogert and Appice (he was never going to get his due recognition THERE!) to latter day dabblings with Rick Derringer.

He needs good melodic rock to best show off his voice, and the nearest he had got before this was the excellent "Pipedream" album of 1979. I would advise any fans of that to check out this (even better) album. In fact, the track "Fast Life" is a re-work of "Dance On Baby" (incidentally, co-written by Steve Perry).

01. Hold On To Her
02. Try To See It My Way
03. Make No Mistake
04. Love Is Ready
05. Friend Of Mine
06. Take It Or Leave It
07. Little White Lies
08. Caught In Her Flame
09. Fast Life
10. Blind Love

If you want to hear what it sounds like, click here