A Word About The Quality Of My Sound Files


I make no apology for the sound files not being as perfect as they might be, especially those converted from vinyl. I do not possess the technical know-how to reduce unwanted noise, hiss, etc. I certainly have the software (e.g. Gold Wave) but not the knowledge about what settings to use. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please feel free to enlighten me.

Saturday 26 March 2011

HARRIER (JET) TAKE-OFF


Another UK band that came and went. The few people I know who have heard this gem of an EP all made the same comment, namely that "Shine On" is a take-off of UFO's "Love To Love". It would be folly to try and deny that, and I'm sure the band would admit the keyboards were significantly influenced by it, but so what? I rate them equally. What it may lack in the chorus it more than makes up for with the atmospheric riff and the great up-tempo guitar section.

Of the other two songs, one reminded me of prime time (i.e. Barden era) MSG. The other brought to mind a more commercial AC/DC, with the simple, hypnotic riff giving way to some great organ work (like Boston's Tom Scholz, but with a little more thought behind the actual notes).

UFO aside, I would advise any fans of the first Saracen album to check this out.

01. Out On The Street
02. Nickels And Dimes
03. Shine On

If you want to hear what it sounds like, click here