A Word About The Quality Of My Sound Files


I make no apology for the sound files not being as perfect as they might be, especially those converted from vinyl. I do not possess the technical know-how to reduce unwanted noise, hiss, etc. I certainly have the software (e.g. Gold Wave) but not the knowledge about what settings to use. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please feel free to enlighten me.

Sunday 17 April 2011

JAY FERGUSON - 1978 LIVE RADIO PROMO


No fan of Jay Ferguson's solo work should be without a copy of this "Promo Only" live album from 1978. It was released on the Asylum label (but unfortunately not to the general public) as part of the "Superstars Radio Network" LP series. Certain websites have said only 200 copies were pressed. I don't know how true that is, but I own one, and I ain't sellin'! I've seen some unscrupulous eBayers try and pass off supposedly "official" CD copies from time to time, but take it from me - there is no such thing. For a start, CDs did not exist until 1982!

The concert was recorded at Longview Studios in Massachusetts, and apart from a rather pointless cover of Traffic's "Medicated Goo" is as good a live concert as you will hear by anyone - ever!

01. Payin' Time
02. Cinnamon City
03. Babylon
04. Thunder Island
05. Losing Control
06. To The Island
07. Snakes On The Run
08. Medicated Goo
09. Medley : 60 Minutes To Go / Run, Run, Run / I Got A Line On You

If you want to hear what it sounds like, click here