A Word About The Quality Of My Sound Files


I make no apology for the sound files not being as perfect as they might be, especially those converted from vinyl. I do not possess the technical know-how to reduce unwanted noise, hiss, etc. I certainly have the software (e.g. Gold Wave) but not the knowledge about what settings to use. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please feel free to enlighten me.

Sunday 20 February 2011

STRAPPS AND THE NON-ALBUM SINGLE


Strapps were an underrated UK band who, once they ditched their funk metal pretensions, became an excellent hard rock band with a unique vocalist. Their 2nd LP "Secret Damage" is a classic. This "demo" single from 1978 is a bit of an oddity. Neither track appeared on their 3rd and 4th albums (only released in Japan), but whatever the story behind it, it's just nice to see a heavy rock band on the Harvest label that isn't Deep Purple!

If you want to hear what it sounds like, click here